Monday, July 26, 2010

Another finished quilt

Yes ladies and gentlemen (not sure if there is any gentlemen reading my blog but you never now) I have finished another quilt. This one was started early 2008, the quilt top was completed April 2009 and was quilted May 2009 it has been sitting folded since then waiting to have the binding attached. Well thanks to Joy's Finishing Stitches Challenge I have finally finished it. So introducing

Grandma's Magic Bag

The actual name of the pattern is Granny's Magic Bag but I decided to change it to Grandma's as that is what my Mum is to me two boys and also what I call my Dad's Mum. 

After I finished hand sewing the binding down I moved on to another new project :) this time the Charm Pack Quilt-along that I have mentioned previously. While watching the final of MasterChef last night I drew the diagonal lines on my 75 plain charm sq  and paired them up read to sew


and this morning I got a chance to sew them either side of the line to turn them into this


Now I just need to find some time to cut them apart and trim them back to 4.5" squared before Sunday.

2 comments:

MY SPACE said...

I love that quilt, it looks beautiful! Can't wait to see how your charm squares turn out!

Louise said...

Ooh well done, it looks great!